Balcombe Grammar School has been architecturally designed to be in sympathy with our surroundings. The classrooms are well-appointed with modern IT resources, passive solar design, along with reverse cycle air-conditioning in each room, ensuring the atmosphere in the classroom is always conducive to engaged learning.
Students enjoy a range of specialty rooms including Science, Performing and Visual Arts, Music Tuition, Library, Technology, Gymnasium, Oval, Synthetic Sports Fields and Playgrounds.
Students and staff at Balcombe Grammar School are fortunate to enjoy modern facilities. The teaching spaces have been designed to enhance learning, incorporating technology and resources to allow students and staff flexibility in the way they develop their skills and knowledge.
The Senior Centre opened in 2019, creating even greater opportunities for our community. The facility includes an extensive resource centre, a commercial kitchen, VCE classrooms and several tutorial rooms as well as a generous common room for students.
COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
Schools are at the heart of local communities and the health, wellbeing, safety and economic security of all community members can be enhanced when communities have close links with their local school.
Balcombe Grammar will on a case-by-case basis consider sharing School facilities for purposes such as:
- using school premises for community halls and meeting spaces
- opening school facilities up for use as community recreation facilities
- creating spaces to support school-aged holiday programs and before-school and after-school programs
- providing information technology centres for community use
- sharing libraries or resource centres
- sharing performing arts spaces
- sharing sporting facilities.